LONTAR #04: THE JOURNAL OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN SPECULATIVE FICTION
JASON ERIK LUNDBERG (editor)
This fourth issue of LONTAR presents speculative writing from and about Singapore, the Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand.
Inside these pages, you'll find:
• the harsh realities of living as a refugee within a calorie-based economy by acclaimed award-winner Paolo Bacigalupi;
• the uneasy combination of domestic troubles and virtual reality from Palanca Prize winner Kate Osias;
• the unexpected and complete disappearance of Singapore itself from Singapore Literature Prize winner Ng Yi-Sheng;
• a surreal trip through alternate worlds from Philippines Free Press Literary Prize winner Eliza Victoria;
• an eerie meeting with chanteuse Faye Wong during a Malaysian holiday from Andrew Cheah;
• and speculative poetry from Michael Gray, Joses Ho, Desmond Kon Zhicheng-Mingdé, Cyril Wong and Jerrold Yam.
LONTAR is the world’s only biannual literary journal focusing on Southeast Asian speculative fiction.